Intimate Pitch Meetings With Music Supervisors
from Film & TV Trailer Houses
Session #5 with Toy Box Entertainment's Maura Duval Griffin
on Wednesday, April 18, 2012
in Los Angeles, CA
- Session #1: Feb 22 with Marcy Bulkeley, Music Director, Big Picture Entertainment
- Session #2: Mar 07 with Toddrick Spalding, Music Supervisor, High Bias Industries
- Session #3: Mar 21 with Serena Undercofler, Music Supervisor, BLT & Associates
- Session #4: Apr 11 with Bobby Gumm, Music Supervisor, Trailer Park
- Session #5: Apr 18 with Maura Duval Griffin, Music Supervisor, Toy Box Entertainment
- Session #6: Apr 19 with Heather Kreamer, Music Supervisor, Create Advertising
- Session #7: May 02 with Natalie Bartz, Music Director, Ignition Creative
- Session #8: May 16 with Danny Exum, Music Director, mOcean
- Session #9: May 30 with Angel Mendoza, Music Supervisor, AV Squad
- Session #10: Jun 06 with Robyn Booker, Music Supervisor, Ant Farm
A top-rated music supervisor from one of the leading trailer houses in Los Angeles is our special guest at NARIP's next Music Supervisor Session in Los Angeles: Toy Box Entertainment Music Supervisor Maura Duval Griffin. Maura commissions, licenses and places music for global movie trailer campaigns for the world's biggest blockbusters and independent films. Limited enrollment of 16 people per session guarantees face-time, registrants get brief of supervisor’s CURRENT music needs, a chance to pitch plus immediate feedback. In NARIP’s intimate session, you get to meet and pitch her for current opportunities on the spot, receiving instant feedback as to whether a song is appropriate or not, and WHY. This valuable feedback makes better pitches – and ultimately, placements – possible. In some cases, participants even have time to re-work their music to better fit a supervisors’ needs.
Trailers have skyrocketed in recent years as an important and lucrative vehicle for music licensing. Synch fees for music in trailers tend to be larger because the rights requested tend to be more broad (worldwide, in perpetuity, used in every possible media). Also, trailers are typically part of a film's marketing budget rather than its music budget, with film marketing budgets almost always many times larger than music budgets. One senior music executive at Fox Studios says that the music budget for a film is rarely larger than 3% of its overall budget, if that.
Placements secured and professional relationships formed through these meetings are so good that we felt this format would work well for those who represent catalogs and/or seek intimate pitch opportunities with the best trailer house music supervisors in the business.
ABOUT MAURA DUVAL GRIFFIN
Maura Duval Griffin is the music supervisor at Toy Box Entertainment, specializing in film trailers, advertising, publicity and creative content pieces, as well as a recently-launched long-form production unit. Toy Box creates successful marketing campaigns for Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Universal, Disney and others, including Alvin & The Chipmunks 1-3, Ice Age: Continental Drift, Arthur Christmas, Pirates! A Band of Misfits, Dr. Suess’ The Lorax, The Smurfs, and many others. With over 20 years in the music industry, including time served in college radio, record retail, sales and distribution, and marketing, Maura brings a broad perspective and a deep appreciation for the process of putting music to picture.
Click here to read what people say about NARIP's Music Supervisor Sessions.
NARIP members have made placements through these limited enrollment sessions, click here
to read the stories
Session #5 with Toy Box's Maura Duval Griffin
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
6:30 p.m. – Registration and networking
7:00 p.m. – Program begins
8:15 p.m. – Break
9:30 p.m. – Program ends
APM Music Studios
8255 Beverly Boulevard
Suite 221 (Buzzer #12)
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Between La Cienega and Fairfax at Harper
Click here for map.
Valet parking behind the building is $5.
Metered street parking is also available from 8am - 8pm at $1.00 per hour (2 hours max).
Parking meters accept Amex, Visa and Mastercard.
Special thanks to Sharon Jennings at APM Music for her help with this series.
1. Online: www.narip.com (just scroll down)
2. Phone: 818-769-7007
Advance RSVP encouraged.
Pre-paid admission guarantees seating.
We appreciate your cooperation.
$249 NARIP Members *
* Available to Professional and Executive NARIP Members only (not Monthly Members).
REGISTER FOR ALL SEVEN (7) LOS ANGELES TRAILER SESSIONS AND SAVE
$1,603 for NARIP Members (save $140 – Professional and Executive NARIP Members ONLY*)
$2,093 for Non-Members (save $210)
* Available to Professional and Executive NARIP Members only. Select Premium Ticket option below.
* Available to Professional and Executive NARIP Members only. To register for all seven (7) sessions and receive the discount, select Premium Ticket option below (scroll down).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Artist Managers, Producers & Artist Reps
A&R, Artist Development and Marketing Executives
Record, Distribution & Music Publishing Executives
Music & Entertainment Attorneys
Anyone seeking placement opportunities in film, TV and promotion trailers.
Call us at 818-769-7007 or email simone AT narip DOT com.
SOURCES FOR MORE INFO
Big Picture Entertainment
BLT & Associates
High Bias Industries
Toy Box Entertainment
Get connected. Stay connected.
The National Association of Record Industry Professionals promotes career
advancement, education and good will among record executives.
Online Registration is Closed but Walk-Ups are Welcome