- This event has passed.
In Atlanta – NARIP Advertising Music Supervisor Pitch Session -w- Good Ear’s Shuman (Apple, Target, Nike)
February 22 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
NARIP Advertising Music Supervisor Pitch Session
with Good Ear’s Jackie Shuman
in Atlanta, Wed Feb 22
Intimate Pitch Meetings with Top Music Supervisors
Jump to registration below, click here.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A NARIP MUSIC SUPERVISOR SESSION:
PREPARATION IS KEY
NARIP Music Supervisor Sessions are limited to an enrollment of just 16 people to pitch (we offer the observe-only option at this Atlanta event, pitch not included) . About one week prior to NARIP’s Session, all pitch registrants will get a brief of the guest supervisor’s then-CURRENT music needs. Each pitch registrant will have a chance to pitch in response to the music briefs provided and get immediate feedback to music pitched. Each participant must submit 7 songs (MP3s only please) 36 hours prior to NARIP’s Music Supervisor Session. Please note that due to time constraints you will only be able to pitch your TOP 2 or 3 songs for consideration and immediate feedback (more, if time permits). This process takes the mystery out of why a piece of music does or doesn’t fit. On-the-spot feedback enables registrants to re-work tracks and re-submit, which creates a much higher probability to get them licensed (choose well!).
If you do not have music that matches the current needs of the supervisor, fear not! You can still attend and present the top three songs in your catalog. Make sure the songs are unique and captivating. This is helpful because a music supervisor’s needs change constantly. To optimize impact of music you pitch at NARIP’s Music Supervisor Session, we highly recommend that you target the briefs. Good luck and see you there!
BEFORE NARIP’S PITCH SESSION:
- NARIP prepares a one-sheet for each participant including your photo and bio for the guest music supervisor to use and review at the event, and to take with him after the event. We will request your photo and bio one week prior to the event. In preparing these materials, we recommend you focus on brief career highlights in your bio and have a professional photo available.
- Approximately 5 to 7 days prior to NARIP’s Session, you will be sent a project brief describing several cues needed for a current project(s) of our guest speaker. These often include reference songs or links so that you can hear exactly what he seeks or needs to replace.
- You will submit your tracks with writer, publisher and other rights holder information that will also be supplied to the music supervisor during and after NARIP’s Session.
- You will get submission and meta-tagging guidelines, and mentoring as to how best to prepare your music for submission.
DURING NARIP’S PITCH SESSION:
- You will get to play at least two or three songs (sometimes more, if time permits) for the guest music supervisor who will provide feedback to you for each one.
- NARIP moderator asks very specific questions to help participants learn and understand how to modify their tracks to make these more place-able for the guest supervisor’s specific needs at hand.
AFTER NARIP’S PITCH SESSION:
- NARIP provides guest music supervisor with participant one-sheets and all music from NARIP’s Session, including notes detailing the guest music supervisor’s interest in specific tracks.
- If requested by guest music supervisor, NARIP conveys additional tracks, remixes, instrumentals etc. to him.
- If approved by guest music supervisor, NARIP provides his contact details to registrants.
DON’T GET LOST IN THE CROWD: SMALL IS THE NEW BIG
NARIP Sessions are deliberately kept small and intimate, which is just one reason they work so well and why participants have enjoyed almost 700 placements (and counting!) to date. Limited enrollment of 16 people per session guarantees that registrants meet and get face-time with our guest.
ALMOST 700 PLACEMENTS FROM NARIP MUSIC SUPERVISOR SESSIONS
Our small format works! NARIP Session participants have placed almost 700 tracks and counting as a direct result of NARIP Music Supervisor Sessions. Other benefits include new publishing deals for NARIP members, creative collaborations and co-writes, strategic introductions to other music supervisors and placement experts, new representation for composers and much more.
NARIP’S BIGGEST PLACEMENT TO DATE : VODAFONE
Click here to read about NARIP’s biggest placement to date in a Vodafone campaign (Oct 2014) that paid handsomely and launched a career. Other brand placements include McDonalds and AT&T ads, among others.
Placements secured and professional relationships formed through NARIPs music supervisor sessions have earned praise and many placements! See TESTIMONIALS and PLACEMENTS sections below.
ABOUT JACKIE SHUMAN
Jackie Shuman is a music supervisor at the bi-coastal curation company Good Ear Music Supervision, known for their award-winning work with brands including Apple, Target, Google, Samsung, Pepsi, Nike, Honda, Nissan, GAP, Chobani, Southern Comfort, Spotify, Sonos and more. Shuman came to GEMS after representing multi-platinum artists including Sia and Fall Out Boy for licensing as Head of Sync at Crush Management. Prior to that, she worked in film and television licensing at RCA Records in New York and spent years in radio including time at Los Angeles at taste-maker station Indie 103.1 FM. Shuman is based in LA.
Come meet this career-maker.
Click here to read what people say about NARIP’s Music Supervisor Sessions.
NARIP MUSIC SUPERVISOR SESSIONS IN THE NEWS,
PLACEMENTS & SUCCESS STORIES
See full list of NARIP placements to date here. For articles in Music Connection, Digital Music News, The Guardian (UK), MusikWeek (UK), Musik Woche (Germany), Taxi Drivers: Cinema e Cultura Metropolitano (Italy), MEOW (US) and other publications, and to read about NARIP members and session participants who have made almost 600 placements as a direct result of NARIP Sessions, click here.
Read about NARIP Music Supervisor Pitch Sessions in Digital Music News HERE
Special thanks to SAE Institute of Technology for hosting this event.
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
6:30 p.m. – Registration and networking
7:00 p.m. – Program begins
8:15 p.m. – Break
10:00 p.m. – Program ends
SAE Institute of Technology
215 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30303
Enter building from Andrew Young International Blvd. (behind Hard Rock Cafe).
Latecomers please ring buzzer for entry.
NOT IN ATLANTA? PITCH REMOTELY OR VIA SKYPE
If you can’t be here in person, at most locations we can accommodate pitching via Skype, or we can present material and provide the guest music supervisor’s feedback to you directly. If you have questions about this, please call or email us at 818-769-7007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING SKYPE ATTENDEES AT THIS SESSION
The last time NARIP imported a music supervisor from Los Angeles to Atlanta, almost all pitch tickets were purchased by NARIP members OUTSIDE Atlanta who used the Skype option – thank you! At this session in Atlanta with Jackie Shuman, we want to give NARIP Atlanta Members priority and will therefore restrict the number of Skype registrations to four (4). For those NARIP members who do not get a seat to this Feb 22 in Atlanta, Jackie will appear at another NARIP Advertising Music Supervisor Session in Los Angeles on Mar 8, click HERE now for more details and to register. Thank you for your cooperation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Artist Managers, Producers & Artist Reps
- A&R, Artist Development and Marketing Executives
- Record, Distribution & Music Publishing Executives
- Anyone seeking placement opportunities in local, regional and global advertising and brand campaigns
PER-SESSION, PER PERSON COST
No Pitch (observe only):
$15 NARIP Members
With Pitch (receive detailed description – a “brief” – in advance of Jackie’s current music needs, pitch your music at the session to her and get her immediate feedback – limited to just 16 registrants):
$135 NARIP Members *
* Available to Professional and Executive NARIP Members only (not to monthly members). Members please log in to receive discount. NARIP reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone.
2 WAYS TO REGISTER
1. Online: NARIP.com (just scroll down)
2. Phone: 818-769-7007
Pre-paid admission guarantees seating, NARIP Sessions sell out.
No refunds. We appreciate your cooperation.
FOLLOW US, LIKE US, LOVE US! TWEET ABOUT NARIP & OUR EVENT!
Call us at 818-769-7007 or email info AT narip DOT com.
Get connected. Stay connected.
The National Association of Record Industry Professionals promotes career advancement,
education and good will among record executives. Once music has been made, then what?