Film & TV Pitching/Catalogue Maintenance (LA)
Job Code: 20150515-1175
Position Title: Film & TV Pitching/Catalogue Maintenance (LA)
Post Date: May 15, 2015
We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter for a newly created film
and tv pitching and catalogue maintenance position. Individual should
have 2-4 years pitching experience and knowledge of music publishing and
Detailed Job Responsibilities:
• Has relationships with, and continuously seeks out new contacts in the Film & TV and music supervision community for purposes of recommending music, and securing synchronization and master licensing placements for catalogue.
• Routinely updates staff on film and TV projects seeking music placements.
• Researches weekly film, TV and radio production schedules, contacts and meets the producers, directors, agents, managers and agencies in order to offer compositions and recordings from catalogue appropriate for their productions.
• Represents at music supervision events.
• Coordinates and sends out a monthly e-mail newsletter of current releases and other forms of specialty samplers as may be needed.
• Seeks original writing opportunities for writers and producers.
• Works with A&R to get advance music and assets (instrumentals, splits, etc).
• Must be able to read and understand licensing materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Liaisons with publishing administrator for all publishing synchronization licensing.
• Analyzes and approves synchronization licenses.
• Organizes an internal system for tracking all pitches, licenses, payments and collections.
• Maintains the company song database(s) for overall catalogue, per writer/producer accounts, genre specific folders, etc.
• Must be knowledgable of music genres, artists, up and coming industry focuses.
• Must be highly organized and possess strong analytical/financial abilities.
• Handles and safeguards confidential and proprietary information.
• Other duties may be assigned.