Photo (L-R): Strange Music West’s Dave Weiner, RBC Records’ Brian Shafton, Interscope Records’ Erin Dawson
Representing the best and brightest in talent development, these individuals and others confirmed to judge talent at upcoming LAMN Jam Music Contests (“LAMN Jams”) produce, sign, manage and develop artists. At our June LAMN Jams, selected artists meet and perform for them, and compete for a grand prize valued at almost $25,000 including priceless exposure opportunities such as a first-look record deal, and first-look consideration by a casting director in search of artists for several talent-based television projects and reality series in development now.
Perform. Connect. Advance.
That’s what LAMN Jams are all about.
On The LAMN
Sister organization of NARIP, the Los Angeles Music Network (LAMN) promotes education, career advancement and good will among recording artists. Established in 1988, LAMN offers professional development and performance opportunities for artists. LAMN is for artists, NARIP is for professionals.
About LAMN Jams: Live A&R
Some programming – like LAMN Jams Music Contests (LAMN Jams) – brings together the best of both LAMN and NARIP. At LAMN Jams, top executives (most of whom are NARIP members) act as talent judges for artists (most of whom are LAMN members). LAMN Jams are performances of original music by talented artists receive live constructive feedback from top executives.
It’s live A&R.
LAMN Jams launched in 2005 and are hailed as a “songwriter’s paradise,” LAMN Jam performers and contest winners have gone on to great success, in whole or in part due to exposure and career development opportunities gained through LAMN. Click here to read more.
2011 LAMN Jam Judges
The following executives, a Who’s Who of A-listers, will judge talent for the ROCK and URBAN music contests in June 2011 in Los Angeles:
- Antony Bland, American Recordings A&R (Avett Brothers, System of A Down, Slayer, ZZ Top, Kevin Devine, The Rocketboys)
- Brian Malouf, A&R (formerly RCA, Columbia and Walt Disney Records)
- Brian Shafton, Partner, RBC Records (TECH N9NE, DJ Quik, NWA, Snoop Dogg)
- Darren Rose, Assistant Music Director / Morning Show Host, 98.7-FM
- Dave Weiner, Strange Music West A&R (TECH N9NE, NWA, Ice T, Snoop Dogg, Rawkus, Dr. Dre, Geto Boys, Rapalot, Scarface)
- Derek Schaefer, Tour Marketing Director, AEG Live
- Erin Dawson, Interscope Records (Lady Gaga, U2, La Rouz, Far East Movement, Ellie Goulding, Eminem)
- Jan Linder Koda, Producer / Artist Development Expert, Angel Diva Music
- Jesse Flores, VP of Label Acquisition and Development, EMI Label Services (Tyrese, Ice Cube, Raekwon, E-40, Talib Kweli, Jagged Edge, Trina, Twista, Too Short, Lloyd Banks)
- Rayna Apploff, Casting Director for music talent-based TV projects and reality shows
- Sean Beavan, Producer (NIN, Marilyn Manson, No Doubt, System of a Down, Thrice, 8mm)
- Soren Baker, Producer, former executive editor The Source Magazine
- Stan Freese, Walt Disney Talent Casting & Booking Director (has hired 100,000+ artists at Disney properties worldwide)
- Tom Zutaut, Stereo Pristine Records A&R (formerly Geffen/Elektra, GnR, Metallica, Tesla, Enya)
- Violet Brown, Artist Manager, Regime Entertainment (NWA, Dr. Dre, recipient of SOURCE POWER 30 award for 5 consecutive years)
Collectively, these executives have developed, produced, signed, managed and marketed many unknown artists into global superstars and cultural icons.
More talent judges TBA.
Over $25K+ in Prizes Plus Priceless Exposure Opportunities
2011 Prize Package totaling $25,000+ in value to be awarded to the winner of the ROCK and URBAN Music Contests, respectively (except where noted):
- First-look consideration for winning artists by casting director and talent judge Rayna Apploff for several music talent-based television projects and reality shows in development now.
- First-look record deal from Planet LA Records for winning artists plus option to be included in a forthcoming CD compilation and future showcase opportunities. Planet LA and publishing partner Music Box will also offer the option to be included in a music publishing catalog.
- First-look recording and digital distribution deal by premier rap/urban label RBC Records to winning URBAN artist
- Bias Inc. Software. Bias Inc. is offering each grand prize winner a copy of Peak Studio XT, THE most comprehensive stereo audio production and mastering tool available on the Mac, a $1,199 value.
- Selection of one of the following registries courtesy of Music Business Registry: Music Attorney, Film & TV Guide, A&R or Music Publisher, a $100 value.
- 1000 CDs in digi-packs, courtesy of Discmakers, and digital distribution package courtesy of CDBaby, a $1300 value
- 8 hours of rehearsal time at Guitar Center Studios rehearsal facility
- Angel Diva Music will award each grand prize winner two hours of professional consulting, divided between vocal coaching, live performance coaching and business coaching, a $220 value.
- Full EP mastering session (up to four songs), courtesy of Universal Mastering Studios, a $600 value.
- Media Local Studios (urban winner only): Custom exclusive urban track production including unlimited revisions with N8 Beats, Facebook Winner page design, coding, plus 4-weeks assisted posting promotion, a $2,500 value.
- One year of book-keeping, tax preparation, business formation (such as corporation), and consulting services courtesy of New Financial Group, a $4675 value.
- Targeted Press Release Service for one (1) press campaign from Send2Press, a service of Neotrope, Winning artists will each receive the Standard National plan valued at $320 including a high-res print ready band image or artist head shot sent with text. Includes SEO and hand submission to social networks, and featured on www.MusicIndustryNewswire.com.
- Three-hour photo shoot (portraits, head shots, band shots) from Justin Winokur Photography, a $400 value (NOTE: photo shoot to take place in the San Francisco / San Jose area, winning artists to arrange their own transportation).
- According To What Video Production to provide one (1) music video to each winner (1 rock and 1 urban). Artist and ATW to agree on song, concept and treatment, service to include and cover all equipment, crew, production and post-production costs. A $2,000 value (per video).
- Propellerhead Software will award copies of each of their three award-winning music-creation software suites: Reason, Record, and Recycle, a $900 value.
More prizes added constantly, watch this space for updates.
Not A LAMN Member Yet?
What are you waiting for?! Priced afford-ably for for recording artists (includes songwriters and musicians), LAMN Membership is only $15 per year. Click here to see LAMN Member Benefits, sign up now and SAVE $25 on your LAMN Jam submission fee.
UPDATE: Deadline to submit is PAST, stay tuned for new LAMN Jam dates in Fall 2011 and another opportunity to meet and perform for top talent scouts and executives. We encourage you to attend the contests. Click here to RSVP now.
We LOVE our sponsors!
- 1616 Club
According To What Video Production
Angel Diva Music
Bias Inc. Software
Guitar Center Studios
Medial Local Studios
National Association of Record Industry Professionals
New Financial Group
Planet LA Records
Justin Winokur Photography
Music Connection Magazine
Universal Mastering Studios
An exposure opportunity and prize package YOU can’t afford to miss.
UPDATE: Submission deadline is past, but you are still welcome to attend the contests. Click here to RSVP now.