With a 24-hour cycle for content and entertainment, and over 40,000 new releases on Spotify every day, it’s easy to get lost in the crowd.
How does an independent artist and his team get attention in this arena? NARIP’s guest experts will provide strategies and sample marketing plans to do this before, between and beyond album cycles.
Join us at this NARIP program to hear how Reach Records’ DeeDiaz and Playtime Talent Group / Wondaland’s Joy Young create value, get attention and sales for their artist clients.
PANELIST UPDATE: LVRN’s Malia Murray will not appear on NARIP’s panel as originally scheduled, we apoligiuze for any inconvenience.
YOU WILL LEARN
- Defining the artist to create an image
- Image cultivation, planning and tailoring social media presence
- How to define the artist’s audience
- Focus: “owning” one social media channel, which one is best for the artist?
- The right kind of release: mixtapes & features, drip (one single every 2 months), full album or EP, giving music away for free (like Chance The Rapper)
- Co-writing and collaborating to accelerate exposure
- Developing professional presentation
- Case studies: successes to apply to upcoming artists
- Growing your mailing list, cultivating new fans and subscribers
- How to create sales demand for music
- How to bring the artist’s ideas to life on a budget – finding a creative director
- Social media guidelines
- How to maximize use of one song or item on multiple platforms
- Between releases… now what?
BONUS #1:Sample marketing plan will be provided.
NARIP programs enable a deep dive into important deals and enable audience questions and direct feedback, making them even more valuable.
Most important, attendees meet these key players, paving the way for deals, representation, collaboration and ongoing opportunities, and giving them an edge in a competitive market.
Be prepared to take plenty of notes!