By Tess Taylor
Here is a small list of things you can do today to increase your circle of friends and acquaintances, not to mention the quality of your life. Take the initiative, don’t wait for others to come to you – go out and meet them!
– Introduce yourself to someone new
– Support an artist – go to his gig, pay for a ticket, buy a CD, go see a play!
– Call three people to say hello
– Conduct a Gratitude Visit (see Authentic Happiness by Martin Seligman) – very powerful
– Dedicate your work
– Read a good book
– Power of now. Enjoy this moment, use it!
– Write down your goals. Every day, do 3 things toward those goals.
– List your fears. Are they that bad? Isn’t a lot of it just in your head? It’s likely that the thing you fear most is the thing you most need to tackle.
– Take a risk, be daring. Those who don’t take risks work for those who do. Don’t be shy and take the back seat in the ride of life.
– Travel. To travel is to live. It breeds confidence, adventure and opportunity.
Here is a post on Effective Networking & How To Overcome Shyness which may also help.