This audio program is a recording of NARIP’s Webinar (recorded via Zoom): ABCs of Music Licensing with SongFinder’s Melissa Love.
Licensing music is key to monetizing it. But where to begin? NARIP brings you experts and information you need to succeed this lucrative and fast-growing area of the music business. In this NARIP program, hear how music licensing expert, Songfinder’s Melissa Love, creates more value from synch for her copyrights and clients, and how you can, too. YOU WILL LEARN:
- What is music licensing?
- Where it begins: rights granted under US Copyright Law
- Types of music licenses:
- Synchronization (or “synch”) license
- Master use license
- Performance license
- Paperwork: performance releases, split sheets
ALSO TO BE DISCUSSED
- Key deal points in standard music license agreement;
- Scope of use: featured, background, repeated, main title, end credits, etc.
- Exclusive vs. non-exclusive
- Budgets and fee ranges for different uses
AND WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET A QUOTE REQUEST
- Cue sheets
- Re-titling, if and when this is a good idea
This program includes an optional PDF document:
Document: 1-page sample quote request for a Composition and Master license (1-page PDF)
NARIP PROGRAM NUMBER: P515
PROGRAM DATE: April 15, 2020
PROGRAM TIME: 1 hours, 54 minutes, 44 seconds (1:54:44)
QUESTIONS? Call 818-769-7007 or contact NARIP
SOURCES FOR MORE INFORMATION