A NARIP Series: Intimate Pitch Meetings with Top Music Buyers including Music Supervisors, A&R Executives, Synch Agents & Grammy-winning Music Producers
Is your music getting to decision-makers?
At NARIP’s intimate sessions, you get to meet music buyers including A&R executives, music supervisors, synch agents and music producers and pitch for current placement opportunities, representation, and projects, and get immediate feedback.
Since 2011, NARIP Music Supervisor Pitch Sessions have secured over 2,000 placements in blockbuster films, hit television series, global promotion and advertising campaigns, and major studio trailers for NARIP members. Since inception of NARIP’s Synch Agent Pitch Sessions in 2018, twenty (20) NARIP members have signed representation or music publishing deals as a direct result with more in the works now. Other outcomes include collaborations, co-writing, producing and commissioned work.
At NARIP’s Trailer Music Supervisor Pitch Session:
- Meet Space Cowboy Music’s owner and Chief Music Supervisor Naaman Snell face-to-face who curates and selects music for trailers and promos for blockbuster Hollywood films, hit TV shows, games and other media.
- Pitch songs directly to Naaman for his current and priority projects
- Learn how to get music placed directly from the buyer, hear what works and what doesn’t
- Get immediate feedback, ask questions, get answers
- Direct access + firsthand info = better results FOR YOU
Small, focused NARIP Sessions enable one-on-one time and immediate direct feedback to music presented by participants.
At NARIP Pitch Sessions, limited to 16 people, you get to know the guest music supervisor, synch agent or producer, and they to get to know you.
Most important, attendees meet these key players, paving the way for placement, representation, collaboration and ongoing opportunities, and giving them an edge in a competitive market.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A NARIP MUSIC SUPERVISOR PITCH SESSION
PREPARATION IS KEY
NARIP Music Supervisor Sessions are limited to an enrollment of just 16 people. About one week prior to NARIP’s Session, all registrants will get a brief of the guest supervisor’s then-CURRENT music needs. Each registrant will have a chance to pitch in response to the music briefs provided and get immediate feedback to music pitched. Each participant must submit 7 songs (MP3s only please) 36 hours prior to NARIP’s Music Supervisor Session. Please note that due to time constraints you will only be able to pitch your TOP 3 songs for consideration and immediate feedback (more, if time permits). This process takes the mystery out of why a piece of music does or doesn’t fit. On-the-spot feedback enables registrants to re-work tracks and re-submit, which creates a much higher probability to get them licensed (choose well!).
If you do not have music that matches the current needs of the supervisor, fear not! You can still attend and present the top three songs in your catalog. Make sure the songs are unique and captivating. This is helpful because a music supervisor’s needs change constantly. To optimize impact of music you pitch at NARIP’s Music Supervisor Session, we highly recommend that you target the briefs. Good luck and see you there!
BEFORE NARIP’S PITCH SESSION:
- NARIP prepares a one-sheet for each participant including your photo and bio for the guest music supervisor to use and review at the event, and to take with him after the event. We will request your photo and bio one week prior to the event. In preparing these materials, we recommend you focus on brief career highlights in your bio and have a professional photo available.
- Approximately 5 to 7 days prior to NARIP’s Session, you will be sent a project brief describing several cues needed for a current project(s) of our guest speaker. These often include reference songs or links so that you can hear exactly what he seeks or needs to replace.
- You will submit your tracks with writer, publisher and other rights holder information that will also be supplied to the music supervisor during and after NARIP’s Session.
- You will get submission and meta-tagging guidelines, and mentoring as to how best to prepare your music for submission.
DURING NARIP’S PITCH SESSION:
- You will get to play at least three songs (sometimes more, if time permits) for the guest music supervisor who will provide feedback to you for each one.
- NARIP moderator asks very specific questions to help participants learn and understand how to modify their tracks to make these more place-able for the guest supervisor’s specific needs at hand.
AFTER NARIP’S PITCH SESSION:
- NARIP provides guest music supervisor with participant one-sheets and all music from NARIP’s Session, including notes detailing the guest music supervisor’s interest in specific tracks.
- If requested by guest music supervisor, NARIP conveys additional tracks, remixes, instrumentals etc. to him.
- If approved by guest music supervisor, NARIP provides his contact details to registrants.
ABOUT NAAMAN SNELL
Naaman Snell is Owner and Chief Music Supervisor at Space Cowboy Music. With over a decade of experience across multiple media areas in music supervision, Naaman has spent a large amount of his career working in theatrical and promotional marketing, as well as in video game trailer advertising. Some of his favorite finishes have been for Orange Is The New Black (Netflix), Bojack Horseman (Netflix), Suicide Squad (Warner Bros.), Bad Education (HBO), the Call of Duty franchise (Activision), Fortnite (Epic Games), and most recently, the WandaVision Trailer for Disney+.
Thursday, November 12th, 2020
6:45 p.m. PST – Registration and networking
7:00 p.m. PST – Program begins
8:30 p.m. PST – Break
10:00 p.m. PST – Program ends
NARIP Pitch Sessions and all NARIP events will be online only for the foreseeable future. Download a FREE copy at https://zoom.us to join this and future NARIP Pitch Sessions and other NARIP events. We recommend you perform an audio and video test (built into the software) and/or with a friend. Headphone required at our session.
PITCH VIA ZOOM (or have NARIP pitch for you):
Pitch via Zoom, or we can present material for you and provide the guest music supervisor’s feedback to you directly. If you have questions, please call or email us at 818-769-7007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PER-SESSION, PER PERSON COST
$289 NARIP Members *
* Available to Professional and Executive NARIP Members only (not to monthly members). Members please log in to receive discount. NARIP reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone.
2 WAYS TO REGISTER
1. NARIP.com (just scroll down)
2. Call 818-769-7007
Pre-paid admission guarantees seating, NARIP Sessions sell out.
No refunds. We appreciate your cooperation.
FOLLOW US, LIKE US, LOVE US! TWEET ABOUT NARIP & OUR EVENT!
Call us at 818-769-7007 or email info AT narip DOT com.
Click here to read what people say about NARIP’s Music Supervisor Sessions.
NARIP MUSIC SUPERVISOR SESSIONS IN THE NEWS,
PLACEMENTS & SUCCESS STORIES
See full list of NARIP placements to date here. For articles in Music Connection, Digital Music News, The Guardian (UK), MusikWeek (UK), Musik Woche (Germany), Taxi Drivers: Cinema e Cultura Metropolitano (Italy), MEOW (US) and other publications, and to read about NARIP members and session participants who have made almost 2,000 placements as a direct result of NARIP Sessions, click here.
Read about NARIP Music Supervisor Pitch Sessions in Digital Music News HERE
The National Association of Record Industry Professionals promotes career advancement, education and good will among record executives.
NARIP | Learn ● Network ● Access Opportunity